Showing 1–50 of 11 results
For customizing and for giving
Shields in Victorian times were often worn for family identity, to commemorate an event, or to honor an achievement. Today, they are perfect for marking a graduation, anniversary, or birthday—or just celebrating a person or relationship. You can customize colors and stones, and personalize with engraving.
Contact me for customizing ideas
Inspiration and creative process
My gold shield necklace collection started when I was researching period costumes. From medieval talisman to Victorian memento, decorative shields tell a fascinating story. In the Middle Ages, people thought these talismans really could protect the wearer. Today, the symbolic meaning of safeguarding has resonance. From their roots in heraldry, today they speak to individual identity with meaning that can be passed down to loved ones.
Gold shield pendants are made for layering
- Try different sizes, shapes, and colors of gold shield pendants together.
- Vary the length and links in your chains.
- A gold shield necklace with several pendants adds drama.
- Showcase a beloved pendant by pairing it with a gold shield.
- Beads and pearls and chains and shields—wear them together.